2018 NVFC Training Summit Scholarship Application
The NVFC is pleased to offer scholarships to help offset the travel costs related to the Training Summit. Each individual requesting a scholarship must apply separately.
NVFC Training Summit
Friday, June 1, and Saturday, June 2, from 8am-4pm daily
Embassy Suites by Hilton Charlotte Concord Golf Resort & Spa
5400 John Q. Hammons Drive NW, Concord, NC 28027
*Find more information about the Summit at www.nvfc.org/summit.
2018 NVFC Training Summit scholarships provide:
- Reimbursement of up to $500.00 per person for transportation expenses, including round-trip airfare, cab/shuttle fare, and/or mileage
- Reimbursement of 2 nights hotel at the room block rate of $149 plus taxes/fees
- Waived registration fee ($75 value)
- Please note that attendees will be responsible for any additional expenses (such as additional room nights or transportation above the stated $500 limit).
To apply, please provide the requested information in the form below. Applications will be reviewed on a monthly basis:
Received by January 1 - Notifications by January 20
Received by February 1 - Notifications by February 20
Received by March 1 - Notifications by March 20
Received by April 1 - Notifications by April 20
- To be considered eligible for reimbursement, you or your department must be a current member of the NVFC. Membership options and benefits can be found at www.nvfc.org/BeYourBest.
- Applicants are required to submit a letter of recommendation from a department leader.
- A maximum of two representatives per department can receive reimbursement. Please note that scholarships are selected on an individual basis; not by department.
- To allow more first responders the opportunity to attend, applicants who have received a scholarship for the previous three Summits will not be eligible for 2018.
Questions? Contact Rachel Buczynski, Event Planner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571-969-7590.
I represent (check all that apply):
Fire Corps Member
Other Fire Department Personnel
Other (if "other," please describe below)
What is your NVFC Membership status?
(To be eligible for the scholarship, you MUST be a member at the time your application is received.)
I am an Individual Member
My department is a Department Member
Please describe why you need travel assistance.
Please describe why you would like to attend this training and the benefit to yourself and your community, using statistics and data when available. How will it benefit your department? Will you be able to share information with other firefighters or other departments in your area? Do you have support from leadership to attend this training? Does your department face any specific needs or challenges that would benefit from you attending a national health and safety training?
Please upload a letter of recommendation from a Chief or other department/city leadership. You may also fax letters to 202-887-5291 if needed.
Name of Person Providing Nomination Letter
Email of Person Providing Nomination Letter
Do Not Fill This Out